Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Meal No. 1983: Pork Carnitas


For the Monday night meal and the beginning of the crew watching the 7th season of Game of Thrones, I returned to my Instant Pot and to AllRecipes Magazine for a recipe that could be made without using my cooktop. The resulting pork carnitas were pretty tasty. I tried caramelized plantains, too, but they weren't all that great.


I also tried making guacamole for the first time ever. I'm not sure what the big deal is with this stuff. The rest of the dinner crew said it was great, but for all I care, guac can take a walk.


[Somehow I managed to forget to snap that night's dinner plate but the photo above captures my Tuesday lunch leftovers of it.]



"Pressure Cooker Carnitas," by Jennifer Lindley (based on a recipe from Jennifer Sierra-Quick). In AllRecipes Magazine, September/October 2017, p. 104.

"Great Guacamole," by Lan Lam. In Cook's Illustrated, Number 146 (May & June, 2017), p. 4-5.

No comments: