Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Meal No. 1975: Light & Fluffy Waffles


This past Sunday was gorgeous, from the early morning hours through the mid-60s sunny afternoon, right up through the full Super Moon that rose over the city skyline that night. In short sleeves, I tackled a second round of leaves, which my body handled somewhat well given that the next day I had a long drive down to Southern Pines and back.


I think Sumner really loved having nearly a full day outside with me:


After the filling lunch of shrimp and grits mid-day, a lighter dinner seemed called for. I've been in a bit of a waffle-crave lately and couldn't think of anything better for that night's meal. So I made yet another batch of the light and fluffy waffles that showed up in a fall recipe magazine, and they were oh-so-good yet again:




"Light and Fluffy Waffles," by James Schend, Food Editor of Taste of Home, September/October 2017, p. 26.

No comments: