Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Meal No. 1971: Sous Vide Chicken Breasts


As happens from time to time, a scheduled work day had to be cancelled because of a change in a principal's schedule, so I had the unexpected surprise of being off this past Thursday. That gave me a chance to work on a small backlog of tasks and also to do a bit of research so that I could finally put my Joule sous vide cooking equipment to use. I started easy and simple, though: chicken breasts that I then seared in the cast iron skillet. That allowed me to be fancier with the sides: bright and bold carrot-and-miso purée and thyme-marjoram-parmesan risotto. I'll have to work on getting more flavor into the chicken but overall this was a pretty decent weeknight supper.



"Sous Vide Chicken Breasts" and "Bright and Bold Carrot Purée," from the crew at ChefSteps.

Thyme, Marjoram, and Parmesan Risotto based on Emeril Lagasse's directions found in "Shrimp and Asparagus Risotto Casserole."

No comments: