Search RoHo Blog

Friday, November 3, 2017

Recipe Organization Project


I suppose it's a given that I like spending time in my kitchen. I'm glad I've got a pretty good collection of recipe books and a nice assortment of food and cooking magazines coming in. There's also the overwhelming mass of recipes that are out there on the internet. Over time, between clippings from magazines and print-outs from websites, I ended up with quite a few stacks of unsorted things that I eventually got around to at least organizing into folders. But that wasn't the best solution.


Since I do educational consulting, I am usually gifted with an early-September break from work and travel while schools get the new year started and underway. From somewhere finally came the inspiration and motivation to get all those darned recipes organized, which began with emptying and sorting each of the many folders:


With several boxes of sheet protectors from Costco and several rolls of Scotch tape to help me out, I slowly got them into notebooks, with sticky notes as tabs to help organize them better:



An awesome additional benefit of this project was that it got me to really want to clean up the butler's pantry, which has just been junky since 2009:


Once this multi-day endeavor was done, I had a better-looking (but not perfect!) butler's pantry:


And a helpfully-organized set of notebooks so's I can keep on doing the cooking labors that bring me a lot of joy:


No comments: