Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Meal No. 1963: World's Best Lasagna for Thanksgiving Eve


It's quite possibly becoming a tradition to have lasagna on the evening before Thanksgiving. This is the third year in a row that I've served it up for a small gathering to kick off the holiday period. But having folks over the night before Thanksgiving is not a new thing at the Roediger House...it's been going on for quite a few years now, although the entertainment has varied from year to year. It was nice to get in a couple of rounds of pool before returning to the kitchen to finish up dinner prep.


Since it was a moderately nice day for late November, and with the Maid to Please crew doing a full house cleaning, I also got out and tackled the leaves. Just in time, it seems: about an hour after I got them all piled by the curb, the City came through and collected them. Easy peasy. I did find myself regretting all that labor, the next day, when all the Thanksgiving cooking awaited me: my back was feeling rough!



"World's Best Lasagna," by John Chandler (Dallas, TX). Found online at AllRecipes.com.

No comments: