Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Meal No. 1939: Chicken with Mushroom Wine Sauce


A quick search on the blog shows that it's been quite a long time since I served up chicken with mushroom sauce, even though I have three pretty good recipes for it. As noted in the blog entry for Meal No. 475 back in 2012, one version was discovered in 2001 or 2002 in a joint dinner endeavor by my mother and me when I was first starting to get into cooking. I made it a few times in the old kitchen before 2008. The only other time I think I've made it was for Meal No. 672, in 2013, using a different recipe found online from Real Simple. When I brought it back this past Friday night, I depended on two recipes for it, as noted below.


I'd also made another batch of homemade applesauce to go with the stuffing and the small bit of smashed sweet potatoes remaining from the lamb meatloaf meal earlier in the week. It was a heckuva meal to finish out the week on a day when I'd had the pleasure of another great day with the Guilford County group in the High Point University Leadership Academy.



Based on "Chicken with Mushroom Sauce," from RealSimple.com; and "Chicken Thighs with Mushroom and Wine Sauce," by Diana Rattray and About.com's Southern Food.

Inspiration for Homemade Applesauce came from Evelyn Coulson of Cana, VA. Guidance for Homemade Applesauce came from:

No comments: