Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Caramel Popcorn Crunch Cookies


Several years ago, when a dinnertime conversation led me to search for pics of the famous Voodoo Doughnuts creation called "Oh Captain, My Captain" (a yeast doughnut topped with Cap'n Crunch cereal), I also stumbled across a couple of recipes for Cap'n Crunch cookies, and I was seriously intrigued. In the intervening years, I've now made quite a few batches of these, with a variety of Cap'n Crunch cereals (including Sprinkled Donut, Cinnamon Roll Crunch, and Chocolatey Crunch). The favorite version, though, depends on the limited-issue Caramel Popcorn Crunch, which I'm glad I stocked up on. That's what I made this past Sunday in order to tempt Mo Moos and her family while they were here, and also to send with them when they hit the road on Monday afternoon.



"Cap'n Crunch Cookies," found online at The Capitol Baker, with credit going to The Sugar Plum Blog for inspiration and the source of the adapted recipe.

No comments: