Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Brioche Stone Fruit Cobbler with Vanilla Ice Cream


After a fun night with the six core members of the larger Roediger House family, with Star Wars IV: A New Hope on the evening's entertainment agenda, and a filling comfort food dinner, I also had planned a bit of dessert to finish us out. It has been forever since I've made stone fruit cobbler and I was excited about bringing it back as a summer treat. I had even made vanilla ice cream in time for it to mostly set up as a sidecar to that main sugary feature.


Unfortunately, when the timer went off and I went down to pull the cobbler out of the oven that I'd just used to make dinner, I discovered that I must've been too habitually thorough when pulling the casserole out...and had turned OFF the oven instead of leaving it on for dessert. So, the guests had to head out (it was getting late!) and the cobbler and ice cream were enjoyed by a considerably smaller audience!



"Brioche Stone Fruit Cobbler," recipe worked out by me as an adaptation of "Stone Fruit Cobbler," by Ann of RedactedRecipes.com. [Published 08 August 2008]

"Vanilla Ice Cream," from Bi-Rite Creamery's Sweet Cream and Sugar Cones, by Kris Hoogerhyde, Anne Walker, and Dabney Gough. Berkeley: Ten Speed Press (2012), p. 35-36.

No comments: