Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Monday Surprise: Sister and Crew


I had just changed out of my workday attire after a full and good day with elementary teachers up in Mount Airy City Schools yesterday when the house phone rang. "Are you home?" said a voice that sounded suspiciously like my eldest sibling Janice, who lives down on the coast of North Carolina. When I affirmed that I was, I was directed to go out to the parking area, and lo and behold, there she sat. Also in tow, her daughter Casey and two of Casey's children: Madison (headed into 5th grade) and Gideon (headed into his 5th month).


Only Janice had been to the house before, so Casey and Madison got to traipse the place up and down (while Casey simultaneously Facetimed the tour back to her husband Joe in South Carolina). They were passing through on the way home from a whirlwind trip to Indiana and to Wisconsin. I'm mighty glad the house was only 7 minutes off their travel route on US 52! The visit was too short, but it's a lot better than no visit at all.

No comments: