Search RoHo Blog

Monday, July 17, 2017

Meal No. 1872: Moravian Chicken Pies


It might have been because I put in four full days with the good folks of Mount Airy City Schools last week, but last Wednesday night with six at the dinner table I was drawn to my Cooking with Grace recipe collection, from Mount Airy's own Grace Moravian Church. The favorite main dish to be found there is Moravian chicken pie, and I also used another recipe to help me whip up a sweet potato casserole. Lima beans were the final piece of the evening's repast.



"Moravian Chicken Pie," adapted from a recipe by Mimi Patterson and published in Cooking with Grace: A Collection of Favorite Recipes from Our Congregation to Your Home, by the Women's Fellowship of Grace Moravian Church in Mount Airy, NC (2001), p. 47.

"Sweet Potato Casserole," based in part on Wanda Byerly's recipe, found in Cooking with Grace, by the Women's Fellowship of Grace Moravian Church, Mount Airy, NC (2001), p. 39.

No comments: