Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Meal No. 1850: Baked Spaghetti


When the blog post entries are viewed in order, I guess it could make my menu list occasionally seem redundant. Last Saturday, for Meal No. 1849, dinner was lasagna. But because of a work trip to Virginia for a few days, the next time I cooked was this past Wednesday night. And with seven folks coming, and me working all day at a local high school, Meal No. 1850 was a big casserole dish of baked spaghetti, using a recipe I got from my friend Stick almost exactly 20 years ago. Lasagna, and then baked spaghetti? (But one was Saturday, and the other the following Wednesday...!)

I used to make baked spaghetti a lot when it was my turn to do the meal on the family beach trips...it seems to satisfy all kinds of palates and is filling and good.


And hey: I also managed to eek out a dessert for the evening: scotch chocolate cake, which some also call Texas sheet cake.



"Baked Spaghetti," by Margaret Coalson via Stick Coulson, 13 July 1997.

"Scotch Chocolate Cake," [in my world, also known as Texas sheet cake]. Credited to Susie Timmons. From "Popular: Cake Request Gets 22 Responses," by Michael Hastings, Food Editor of the Winston-Salem Journal. Published October 6, 2010.

No comments: