Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Meal No. 1768: Glazed Grilled Center-Cut Pork Chops


Although much cooler temps have made their way back into Winston-Salem here at the beginning of March, and Thursday was a day of persisting gusts, I was drawn to the grill that evening once the air had stilled somewhat. Onto that grill I tossed salt-and-sugar-brined center cut bone-in pork chops, which were then finished with a tasty glaze. To go with it, I put together some roasted garlic and parmesan asparagus and added leftover smashed sweet potatoes.

A quick grumble: it was disappointing to get home from my Harris Teeter and find that the package of chops labeled "Thick Cut" included a half-truth:


The half-inch one was, of course, under the label and you couldn't see how small it was. When I was at the Teeter the next day, I shared this picture with Wes, the manager, and asked him to follow up with the guys in the butcher department. I'm glad I was just grilling and not stuffing them that night, or else I'd've been up in arms about that little mismatch of chops!



"Glazed Pork Chops," in Cuisine's Celebrate the Seasons: Summertime Menus, Issue 10 (June/July 2016), p. 36-38.

"Oven-Roasted Asparagus," from swedishmilk on AllRecipes.com.

No comments: