Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Meal No. 1754: Deviled Chicken Thighs


When long-time WFU friend Chris Burris was back at the house on Wednesday to join in on dinner, I might have been anticipating the precipitous drop in the daytime temps that was to occur the following day...because I sure did go heavy on a comfort food menu. Deviled chicken thighs, company mashed potatoes, southern creamed corn, and even still-warm homemade applesauce adorned our heaping plates. Enough was left over that I was able to take care of my lunch on Thursday when I was with the admin team at Northwest Middle School.




"Deviled Chicken Drumsticks," by Ian Knauer. In Gourmet, August 2008.

"Company Mashed Potatoes," a Jones family favorite.

"Southern Creamed Corn," by Patrick and Gina Neely of the Food Network.

Inspiration for Homemade Applesauce came from the late Evelyn Coulson of Cana, VA. Guidance for Homemade Applesauce came from:

No comments: