Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Meal No. 1741: Filet Mignon with Shiitake Madeira Cream Sauce


With beef tenderloin on a special at $8.99/lb at the Harris Teeter this week, I could hardly turn up my nose at a couple of filet mignons for a special Monday night dinner at the Roediger House. To go with it, I reached deep into my archives for a recipe that I might have first made when I was still in my faculty apartment at Wake Forest University: filet mignon with shiitake madeira sauce. It's very similar to the steak au poivre that I've made a number of times, but it had its own distinct favorable flavors. A simple buttered baked potato was all I needed to go with it.



"Filet Mignon with Shiitake Madeira Sauce," in The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook, compiled and edited by Julie Fisher Gunter. Birmingham, AL: Oxmoor House (1999), p. 237.

No comments: