Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Meal No. 1706: Bacon, Caramelized Onion, and Gruyère Quiche


The annual Milner Christmas party was this evening, so I needed a decent dinner beforehand that wouldn't be too filling and wouldn't be too much work. I also needed to be able to make it with what I had on hand and it dawned on me that a quiche was sounding like a decent option. So I tried a new one, and it was actually pretty amazing. The Saturday night quiche at the Roediger House was bacon, caramelized onion, and Gruyère cheese, with a fluffy and flavorful eggy filling and a nice combination of other ingredients. I tinkered a bit with the original recipe and it came out great. When I got home, I also managed to finish all the Christmas decorating, and things are looking splendidly seasonal!



Recipe based on "Bacon and Caramelized Onion Quiche," from Mountain Mama Cooks.

No comments: