Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2016

December's Super Moon

It was a full work week again, but this also included a two-day trip to Virginia Beach to work with the administrative teams of two different high schools there. When I was driving across the northern tier of North Carolina, it was still afternoon. But once I crossed over into Virginia and was cruising along US 58, dusk was starting to come on and the just-shy-of-full moon rose gorgeously ahead of me for a good part of the drive.

I considered that a great omen, because the moon would be officially full on Tuesday evening and I was excited to see it rise up over the Atlantic Ocean, from the lofty perch of my 8th floor oceanfront hotel.


Alas: it was cloudy and rainy and no moon could be seen. Google Sky was kind enough to rub it in my face that the moon was straight out in front of me in all its glory, but I wasn't going to be allowed to see it.


Man-o-man, though, it was still gorgeous the next night as it rose over the Winston-Salem skyline. This photo does not do it justice but maybe you get the idea...

No comments: