Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Meal No. 1596: New Year's Day Meatballs

The Monday night meal for six at the Roediger House was a specially requested menu, which I was happy to fulfill: New Year's Day meatballs, company mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole. Our plates were filled and quickly emptied, and some returned to the buffet for a second go at the goodness there.


Over the years, as friendships have developed and flourished in this happy homestead, evenings like last night remind me how fortunate I really am.

And hey: I have to give credit to my sister Allison, as the source of all the recipes used for this dinner.



"New Year's Day Meatballs," from Carol Fultz and shared with me by my sister Allison Jones Holden of Rossville, IN (2001).

"Company Mashed Potatoes," a Jones family favorite.

"Layered Green Bean Casserole," shared with me by my sister Allison Jones Holden of Rossville, IN (December 2001).

No comments: