Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Meal No. 1591: Indiana Chicken and Corn Chowder


It was my hope that this past Friday night could be a movie night, but the storms of summer had other ideas, and so the evening was reduced to five for dinner. I kept it simple: Indiana Corn and Potato Chowder, to which I added a heap of diced rotisserie chicken. The evening turned into a great impromptu casual party with all the action taking place in the kitchen instead of up on the third floor.



"Indiana Corn and Potato Chowder," by Brannon Soileau of Maize, An American Grill (formerly of Lafayette, IN). In Indiana Cooks!, by Christine Barbour and Scott Feickert with photographs by Tom Stio. Bloomington, IN: Quarry Books (2005), p. 64-65. Recipe originally shared with me by my sister Allison on December 31, 2006. You can find this, and quite a few other Indiana recipes, if you scroll to the bottom of this article: "Indiana Can Cook."

No comments: