Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Meal No. 1571: Savory Beef & Broccoli Turnovers


It's another typical week at the Roediger House, with guests at the table every night this week thus far (and no end in sight, which is how I like it!). On Wednesday, I had a hankering to bring back those delicious savory beef and broccoli turnovers that got traction thanks to a Philadelphia Cooking Creme contest from years ago...before the cooking creme product line was discontinued! I got the homemade version of garlic creme sauce way, way too salty and had to scrape it off my turnover. The feta-stuffed peppers always strike me right but I should've let the carrots cook a little longer.



"Savory Garlic Beef & Broccoli Turnovers," by Kirsten Renee Shabaz of Minneapolis, MN. Taste of Home, November 2011, p. 31. (Go to food.com for a copy of the original recipe.)

"DIY Cooking Creme," from Finding Joy in My Kitchen, 25 May 2011.

"Carrot Ginger Fondant," by Chef Monique Jamet Hooker. From KitchenArt: The Store for Cooks (West Lafayette, IN). ["Fondant" seems an interesting word choice, although maybe I just have a misunderstanding of its range of use as a cooking term.]

"Feta-Stuffed Balsamic Peppers," shared with me by Sheryl Cohen of Los Angeles, CA.

No comments: