Search RoHo Blog

Friday, May 6, 2016

Meal No. 1543: Grilled Ribeyes and French Fries


The stormy and rainy weather pattern just doesn't want to let us go here in Winston-Salem. That system has stalled and keeps churning, but it led to a lovely backdrop for the city skyline as the setting sun lit up the buildings this evening.


After a few years of missing out (either because of travel or forgetting to put it on my calendar or forgetting to go altogether), I caught both the Third Year and Fourth Year film screenings from students at the School of Filmmaking at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts. They were almost all terrific. They've really stepped up their game, if you ask me. This is a real hidden gem in town!


It's ridiculously chilly and still a bit breezy on this fine Friday night in May, but I forged ahead with my plans to grill steaks and fry up some shoestring fries. It hit the spot. As the evening wound down, the sound and shakes of the BB&T Ballpark fireworks echoed across the neighborhood, and I bedded down.

No comments: