Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Meal No. 1540: Weeknight Pot Roast

It's my first day of an extended vacation, because this is the time of year when working in educational consulting provides very little opportunity. Schools are shifting into end-of-year mode, with review and testing and the intense scramble which makes professional development an unwanted distraction. That works out well for a guy like me who's trying to wrestle his yard into shape, because now's when I need to be digging in the dirt!


I did mark my new-found freedom with an unusual step: a late-afternoon white Russian, of all things.


When dinnertime rolled around, out of the oven tumbled a delicious pot roast, surrounded by Vidalia onions and carrots. I added mashed potatoes to the plates and also served up some wonderful biscuits. No room for dessert on this stormy Tuesday night.




"Perfect Pot Roast," from Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman, on The Food Network.

"Buttermilk Biscuits," by Kate Selfridge of the Kate Bakes Things blog. Adapted from "Touch of Grace Biscuits," by Shirley Corriher.

No comments: