Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Meal No. 1522: Chicken Cordon Bleu


Oh, my, my, my. This past Sunday night, with the standard set of four of us at the table, and I think I managed to serve up quite a bounty: chicken cordon bleu, roasted Brussels sprouts and roasted asparagus, southern creamed corn, and an even better version of Gruyère sauce than the last time I tried out this main dish. I suppose I've roasted asparagus and Brussels sprouts before but this was definitely the first time I'd tried southern creamed corn, and it was amazing. That'll have to make repeat appearances on future Roediger House meal menus.


By the way, I left Monday for a few days of work in Virginia, and after the great weather I've enjoyed at home of late, I was not happy to see what was promised in Winchester the next two days:


Sure enough, when I awoke Tuesday morning and went out to the car to go to work, I had to brush the snow off of it!




"Chicken Cordon Bleu," by Tyler Florence from the Food Network.

Gruyère Sauce based on "Le Chicken Cordon Bleu with Parmesan Dijon Sauce," by Ben Rayl from ComfortableFood.com.

"Southern Creamed Corn," by Patrick and Gina Neely of the Food Network.

"Roasted Brussels Sprouts," by Ina Garten of the Food Network.

Ideas and Guidance on Parmesan-Garlic Roasted Asparagus from:

No comments: