Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Meal No. 1502: Blackened Grilled Tuna Steaks

Spring feels dangerously near, my friends, as this week the temps are dancing in the upper 70s. I'm heavily scheduled with work all week but that didn't keep me from sneaking in just a bit more time in the yard on a couple of late afternoons. On Tuesday, I even kicked back in a yard chair with a late afternoon Bell's Best Brown Ale and watched the very busy birds hungrily attacking the just-refilled feeders in the grove.


After a great Wednesday with instructional leaders at Bessemer Elementary, along with the curriculum facilitator from Vandalia, and a late afternoon meeting, I took the summery path with dinner and grilled some tuna steaks with blackening spice. There was still a healthy dose of smashed sweet potatoes from the Monday night meal on hand and I steamed some baby Brussels sprouts to go with it all. I grabbed some of Sunday night's leftover Bernaise sauce to top off the tuna. I'll confess that the bit of remaining New Orleans pecan pie bread pudding with whiskey sauce was too much of a temptation to resist for dessert.

No comments: