Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Meal No. 1495: Skillet-Seared Tuna Steaks

This past Sunday afternoon was incredibly gorgeous and unseasonably spring-like, and I took full advantage of it to get out in the yard and work a bit. This mostly involved hauling topsoil to build up one of my planting areas and topping it with mulch. It felt good to be outside working.

Dinner was really amazing at the end of it all: I seared tuna steaks in the cast iron skillet for the first time, and I could not have been more pleased with how they turned out. I topped it with a variation on the ginger-garlic-soy-shiitake cream sauce and added broccoli florets and mashed potatoes to go with it.


The usual Sunday night crew cleaned their plates nicely.



Recipe based on "Pan-Seared Tuna with Ginger-Shiitake Cream Sauce," from The Bon Appétit Cookbook by Barbara Fairchild, 2006, p. 398-399.

No comments: