Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Meal No. 1478: Smothered Pork Chops with Buttermilk Gravy

It is Shrove Tuesday, and I have scheduled myself on the road all this week, which means I cannot be at home making another King Cake like I did last year. That's too bad because, well, even though I didn't really dig it all that much, I'd love to undertake the endeavor again.


I didn't even remember to grab one of the funky but strangely compelling Abita King Cake sodas that I grabbed on a whim on my last trip to Total Wine. I reckon it'll still be waiting for me in the grand beer cooler in the rehabbed attic once I get home again.


As for the Thursday night meal at the Roediger House last week, it was a terrifically southern concoction: smothered pork chops with buttermilk gravy. I stumbled across this when passing the time looking at the Food Network's list of most downloaded recipes for 2015. It's a great find, my friends: this was incredibly delicious.


It cooked up nicely in my cast iron skillet and paired well with mashed potatoes and some sugar snap peas.



"Smothered Pork Chops," from Tyler Florence and The Food Network.

No comments: