Search RoHo Blog

Monday, February 8, 2016

Meal No. 1477: Capo's Chicken Diablo

After a great day of training with outstanding teacher leaders here in Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools, I came home last Wednesday and reached for a dish that hadn't been made here since 2010. This is another fine recipe that was inspired by visits to see my dear long-time friend Cindy Coulson and her husband Harley. From my web searching, I've discovered that it's sort of a famous dish known as Capo's Chicken Diablo, and it's pretty good.


Generally made with pounded chicken breasts, rolled around a savory mushroom, garlic, and cream cheese mixture, it's topped with a dijon-brown sugar-pecan topping that balances out the flavors. I made it that night with chicken thighs, since it's what I had on hand, but was surprised when it needed to cook about an hour to reach the proper temperature.

With Caesar salad and quick stovetop stuffing, I was pretty full by the time I pushed the plate away.

A Sad Note: When I purchased the Roediger House from the Forsyth Initiative for Residential Self-Help Treatment back in 2003, the executive director was a retired dynamo with a long track record of successful non-profit management in Winston-Salem. I just saw the article from the local paper that she passed away at the end of last week. Godspeed, Bonnie Poindexter.



"Capo's Chicken Diablo," shared by Princess Pea on Food.Com.

No comments: