Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Meal No. 1471: Bacon Cups for Breakfast Dinner


Last Wednesday night, after a fantastic first day of CRISS training with teachers from some Guilford County schools, I was pretty tuckered out and did not make a grocery run. I decided I had a hankering for breakfast for dinner, and I wanted to try a couple of things that I hadn't made before.


One was cheesy bacon egg cups, which was one of those short, snappy, much-shared "Tasty" videos that someone on Facebook had saved. It was intriguing enough and I'm glad I gave it a trial that evening.


The other new thing wasn't really a new thing...I'd just never gotten around to making it for myself: bacon on cheese toast. My mother made this for us all the time when I was growing up, so it was a good and nostalgic addition to the evening grub.


Plus, it was an excuse to make another batch of bacon braids for future BLTs.



"Cheesy Bacon Egg Cups," from BuzzFeed's Tasty.

"Bacon Weave," which you can read/watch more about from "Mad Genius Tips" by Justin Chapple of Food & Wine.

No comments: