Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Meal No. 1460: Potato and Cheese Soup


Let's not kid ourselves: it's turned mighty cold. When I woke up early yesterday morning (so that I could get to a local middle school for an all-day professional development), my weather app told me it was a brisk and nose-hair-freezing 13°F here in Winston-Salem. No, no, no: that won't do!


It was almost as cold as that on Monday, which led me to make a big pot of hearty potato and white cheddar soup for the three of us gathered around the table.


I might have gotten carried away with the amount of freshly-grated cave-aged sharp white cheddar cheese that was needed, but we didn't seem to care.



"Potato and Cheese Soup," shared with me by my sister and her husband, who got it through a cooking class at KitchenArt in West Lafayette, Indiana.

No comments: