Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Meal No. 1430: Barbecue Chicken Soup


Part of my thinking in getting two whole chickens to put on the kamado grill was so that I could make the incredible barbecue chicken soup, something that my sister Allison turned me onto.

So when I was still on Thanksgiving vacation last Tuesday, and with the weather wet and quite chilly, I went to work on preparing a batch using the chickens I'd smoked on Sunday night prior.

Wow. The potent and full combination of flavors and sensations makes this a soup you can't quite get enough of.  I reckon you oughta click that link below and go see for yourself what it's all about.

Kamado Meal #32



"Chicken on a Throne," from Smoke & Spice by Cheryl and Bill Jamison. Boston: The Harvard Common Press (2003), p. 171-173.

"BBQ Chicken Soup," from the folks at the Big Green Egg website.

"Granny Wilson's Cornbread," a recipe shared with me by Linda B. Dunlap.

No comments: