Search RoHo Blog

Monday, December 7, 2015

Meal No. 1429: Pork Medallions with Dijon Mushroom Sauce


This past Monday night, the Roediger House dinner featured pork medallions with dijon mushroom sauce. This recipe takes me back to the early days of my belatedly-developed interest in cooking, which was helped along when my mother brought home check-out aisle cooking magazines from Betty Crocker and Pillsbury. One of the first of those was the collection of the latest winning recipes in the Pillsbury Bake-Off contest. The ideas in that sort of collection were helpful for my initiation into kitchen creations.

I like to have this dish reappear from time to time. A quick check of the blog tells me it's been 13 months exactly since the last time I made it. I'd say it was high time for its return.



"Pork Medallions with Dijon Mushroom Sauce," by Frank Hollands of Moorhead, Minnesota. Bake-Off Contest 37 (1996). Published in Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks' A Taste of the BAKE-OFF Issue from March 2001, p. 40-41.

No comments: