Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, November 26, 2015

New Orleans Pecan Pie Bread Pudding


A week ago, when some folks gathered here for a meal of New Year's Day meatballs, I also managed to put together some dessert: New Orleans pecan pie bread pudding, along with a tasty sweet whiskey sauce. This one is hard to beat.




"New Orleans Pecan Pie Bread Pudding," from King Arthur Flour online.
NOTE: The two reviews of the bread pudding that have been posted thus far on the KingArthurFlour.com website are not all that favorable, but I think I had better results because I referenced another bread pudding recipe when making it. I upped the amount of heavy cream and also let the dried bread cubes soak a while longer. I think I also used more melted butter than called for.

"Whiskey Sauce," based on a recipe from Mimi's Cafe (found online).

No comments: