Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Halloween 2015: A RoHo Slumber Party


I mentioned in yesterday's blog entry that there was no big outlandish Halloween Party at the Roediger House this year. Instead, the occasion was honored with a big sleepover instead. I've learned from the last two of these that the crowd (1) brings its own candy and (2) will definitely want snacks but finds it unnecessary for me to go overboard with these.

So I made three things, and not all of them were even eaten:

Warm Swiss and Bacon Dip
(served around 1 am and quickly devoured)

Homemade Palmetto-Style Pimento Cheese

Creamy Stuffed Eggs



"Swiss and Bacon Dip," from Rachael Ray. Available online at the Food Network website.

"South Carolina-Style Pimento Cheese." Recipe worked out by me, based on Sharon's Palmetto Pimento Cheese.

"Creamy Stuffed Eggs," a recipe shared with me by Barbara Huneycutt of Crozet, VA. Technique for cooking eggs greatly enhanced by Chow Hound's video short: How To Make the Perfect Hard-Boiled Egg.

No comments: