For the Monday before Thanksgiving, I wanted to return to a fantastic and special Roediger House meal that first made its appearance during the Thanksgiving holidays of 2010. It is a ridiculous concoction and super souped-up hamburger, topped with two slices of cheese and homemade peanut butter and a bacon weave and homemade burger sauce. I made the burgers extra big that night and it was hard to actually finish them. Jeez Louise, though, they're amazing.
A review of key points about the Roediger House peanut butter bacon burgers:
- Inspired by Yo Mama's in the French Quarter of New Orleans
- First Made: Meal No. 180
- Last Made: Meal No. 1375
- Fresh Home-Ground Beef, typically from boneless beef short ribs and top sirloin
- Homemade Peanut Butter
- Homemade Classic Burger Sauce (recipe below)
- Labeled Sample "Final Product" Burger: Guide to Meal No. 234
- Some guidance, inspiration, and tips are based on Cook's Illustrated, No. 93 (July/August 2008), p. 10.
Classic Burger Sauce
from Cook's Illustrated, July-August 2008, p. 11.
4 T mayonnaise
2 T ketchup
1 tsp sweet pickle relish
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
"Bacon Sheets," from MyFridgeFood.com