Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Meal No. 1403: Whole-Roasted Chicken


This past Thursday, I had a whole chicken that was begging to be turned into a great meal but it proved to be a bigger bird than I was planning on. So after two hours of roasting it was still not quite done so I had to debone it and finish it in the microwave. That's just really unfortunate, but guests were waiting and the other dishes were past ready. I did at least get to use sage, basil, and rosemary from my herb garden, before winter knocks them down.

Those sides included sweet corn and Brussels sprouts gratin. This was not one of my best meals, but the dessert options made us all happy.



"Herb-Roasted Whole Chicken with Savory Pan Gravy," in Tupelo Honey Cafe: Spirited Recipes from Asheville's New South Kitchen, by Elizabeth Sims with Chef Brian Sonoskus. Kansas City: Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC (2011), p. 136-137.

"Brussels Sprout Gratin," by Morgan Bolling. In Cook's Country, October/November 2015, p. 22.

No comments: