Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Meal No. 1390: Patty Melts

I drove in last night in the combination of a nor'easter heading up the coast and the offshore antics of Hurricane Joaquin, following a full and intense (but quite good!) week of training up in Frederick County, Virginia. I did swing off at the Lowe's Foods in Walkertown to grab some groceries so I could whip up dinner once I finished my 5-hour drive home.


What resulted was delicious sourdough patty melts with special classic diner burger sauce. I was a little surprised to realize I had not made these in nearly a year! I think I was overdoing them and that's why I had to get away from them for a while. And I was a bit out of practice because I made the patties a wee bit small for the buttered-and-griddled widepan sourdough loaf slices.


Yesterday also represented the 12-year anniversary of my purchase of the Roediger House, by the way. I am so glad I bought this great old house and I absolutely love the home it has become.

Classic Burger Sauce
from Cook's Illustrated, July-August 2008, p. 11.
4 T mayonnaise
2 T ketchup
1 tsp sweet pickle relish
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.

No comments: