Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Excursion to Camel City BBQ Factory

As regular readers of the blog are aware, just about any night I'm in town, I'm cooking dinner. And regularly there will be a contingent of folks at the table. On this delightful Wednesday evening, after a good but long day of work in a middle school, a small crew of us ventured out to partake of a new offering here in downtown Winston-Salem.

[Image from Camel City Nightlife Blog]

A new restaurant has opened up on the northeast end of downtown: the Camel City BBQ Factory. We decided this very pleasant sunny evening called for the stroll up to the intersection of 7th and Liberty. We were disappointed to find that Black Mountain Chocolate had closed at 7 pm, though. Along the walk, I ran into a former Wake Forest colleague from 1989-1990, who was enjoying a sidewalk beer at Rec Billiards; a delightful friend who works down at Willow's Bistro; and some of the guys who were on the crew that finished out the attic, as they enjoyed beers and smokes in front of Foothills Brewing around the corner from the house.

Gosh. I just don't do this enough. I love downtown. I live right here in the heart of it. But I've really fallen out of the habit of taking advantage of all the local attractions.

No comments: