Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Meal No. 1384: Breakfast for Dinner

After two full days with a fantastic group of elementary principals here in Winston-Salem, I had a short window of unwinding that afternoon before dashing out to another meeting of the Holly Avenue Neighborhood Association. By the time I returned home, Wednesday night's dinner needed to be something I could make quick and with what I had on hand.


And boy howdy: breakfast sounded awesome...some sausage patties, creamy grits, sunnyside-up fried eggs, toast, jelly, and milk.


This also was my inaugural use of the new cast iron skillet I finally acquired. This southern boy has never had one, which seems a violation of some important creed.



"Creamy Grits," from Luquire Family Stone Ground Grits, milled in Greenwood, SC.

No comments: