Search RoHo Blog

Friday, August 14, 2015

Meal No. 1357: Not So Cajun Chicken

Standing Room Only in a Life Skills Classroom
Walkertown Middle High School

For the last two days, I've been at a Collaborative Learning Conference with Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools. My presentation (presented in a double block and repeated for a total of four offerings) on planning and instructional design seemed to be reasonably well-received. I was definitely overwhelmed with the number of people who came to my sessions.

And it does this old man's heart good when teachers who are fresh out of their teacher prep programs tell me that their 110 minutes with me made more sense than a whole slew of education courses. Then, too, I'm sad about how frustrated they were with their college or masters experiences.


The sessions were a blast to conduct and the groups in each one were open and receptive and engaged. Still, it was nice to come home yesterday afternoon with only about a 15-minute drive! I was starving from two days of not eating lunch and made an early dinner of one of the most favorite of all the Roediger House regular dishes: not so cajun chicken. It made a fine one-bowl meal last night, and it wasn't long before an early bedtime became too appealing to resist.



Links To Recipe [in PDF]:

Not So Cajun Chicken, a dish I regularly enjoyed at Crowley's Old Time Favorites restaurant and bar on Medlin Drive in Raleigh, NC.  (Another version of the recipe can be found here.)

No comments: