Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Meal No. 1350: Monroe County Pork Steaks

It's the Sunday afternoon before I get to depart for the northern reaches of Virginia to spend the next two days with a new set of administrators, to commence my instructional leadership institute with them. I had a choice to eat something on the road, or to use the afternoon before leaving in order to make a fine early supper. I chose the latter.


This is Monroe County Pork Steaks, according to the article headline in the latest issue of Cook's Country, and I'm mighty glad I gave them a trial run.


The side dishes were steamed baby Brussels sprouts and macaroni and cheese casserole, also a good find from a previous issue of that same magazine. My belly was way too full to be getting behind the wheel for a nearly five-hour drive into the beautiful Virginia countryside, but there you have it.



"Monroe County-Style Pork Chops," by Ashley Moore. In Cook's Country, August/September 2015, p. 4-5.

"Macaroni and Cheese Casserole," by Sarah Gabriel. In Cook's Country, June/July 2012, p. 17.

No comments: