Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Food Truck Fridays Strikes Again


I was all prepared to make some dinner on last night's delightful summer Friday night, but I also wanted to support the local happenings right outside the back door. So the small crew on hand last night joined me in walking up the steep hill behind the house, up to where the latest round of Downtown Winston-Salem Food Truck Fridays was playing out. I went with a chicken pita from Ghassan's on the Go. Not to be self-serving about it, but it wasn't as good as the dinner I'd've made here at home. Like I said: supporting the local shindig is also important.

After bringing dinner in, though, I still had a hankering to create something in the kitchen, so I turned to the Caramel Popcorn version of Cap'n Crunch Cookies:



"Cap'n Crunch Cookies," found online at The Capitol Baker, with credit going to The Sugar Plum Blog for inspiration and the source of the adapted recipe.

No comments: