Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

New Orleans Pecan Pie Bread Pudding

For dinner on Monday night, I managed to put together some dessert: the delightful and delicious New Orleans Pecan Pie Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce...and it seems that the visiting crew of friends from Oklahoma rather liked it.





"New Orleans Pecan Pie Bread Pudding," from King Arthur Flour online.
NOTE: The two reviews of the bread pudding that have been posted thus far on the KingArthurFlour.com website are not all that favorable, but I think I had better results because I referenced another bread pudding recipe when making it. I upped the amount of heavy cream and also let the dried bread cubes soak a while longer. I think I also used more melted butter than called for.

"Whiskey Sauce," based on a recipe from Mimi's Cafe (found online).

No comments: