Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Meal No. 1346: Chicken Quesadillas


After a great and full two days working with administrators in Mount Airy City Schools, I was feeling good but tired once supper time rolled around, but the Wednesday evening meal still proved to be a worthy endeavor. A recent issue of Cook's Illustrated offered a different take on making quesadillas, which I wanted to try. I stopped off at the Sam's Club on my way back into Winston-Salem and grabbed a rotisserie chicken. Back at home, I sautéed onion and sweet peppers and added chopped green chiles to it. I had a couple of bags of shredded queso and some oversized tortillas. Instead of frying them in a skillet, this approach is really about roasting them in the oven, which lets you make four big'uns all at once.

My quesadilla was pretty fantastic, if I may say so myself.



Preparation and cooking based on "Quesadillas for a Crowd," by Morgan Bolling. In Cook's Country, August/September 2015, p. 18.

No comments: