Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Meal No. 1325: Barbecued Chicken Thighs



Hey, it's the Fourth of July weekend, so grilling certainly seems called for. My plan last night for a small Friday night gathering at the Roediger House was to barbecue some chicken on the grill. Lest I almost sound like I'm complaining, though, I must confess that I was not planning on the intense downpour that hit when I needed to be basting the chicken with homemade barbecue sauce or when it was time to take it off the burners. We have been so dry this summer, so I'm glad to see any rain. The timing was unfortunate! I had to shed my shirt and shoes before I could sit down to dinner.

The chicken last night was incredible...as good as I think it's been. And the warm eggy potato salad was spot on! Even the lima beans seemed better than usual. This was a fine Friday night meal in this humble abode.



From Bon Appétit, July 2013:

"Eggy Potato Salad with Pickles," by Jenny Rosenstratch and Andy Ward. In Bon Appétit, May 2012, p. 36.

Chow Hound's Tips: How to Make the Perfect Hard-Boiled Egg, by Margo True of Sunset Magazine.

No comments: