Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Meal No. 1312: Burger Lover's Burgers


The Saturday night meal at the Roediger House was a different take on home-ground beef for hamburgers, but I didn't find it to be better than the usual way I go about this (a central feature and attribute of the peanut butter bacon burgers of which I'm so fond!).  So, while filling and reasonably tasty, this experiment tells me I was doing it just fine the old way and I'll be sticking to it.

With one possible modification that I might try again: mixing tiny cubes of nearly-frozen butter in with the chilled diced meat when I put them through the grinding...I'd like to check again to see if that makes a taste difference...



"Burger Lovers' Burgers," by Elizabeth Bomze in Cook's Illustrated, Number 135, July-August 2015, p. 16-17.

No comments: