Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Nationwide Is Not On My Side

Last summer, I received an unexpected notice of homeowners insurance cancelation from the Jim Glasgow Agency. I've been covered by Nationwide (through the Glasgow Agency) on both home and autos since I bought the Roediger House in 2003. I selected that agency thanks to a recommendation from a former Wake Forest University co-worker but also because they had an office downtown, not so far from the house.

The reason for the cancelation? Not because of any claims I've submitted, because I've never submitted any on my homeowners policy. Not because I was failing to pay my premiums. Not because I was yelling at them for moving out to the awful office park known as Westgate. Nope, the culprit was Cyprus: because she is part Staffordshire Terrier, and that's a forbidden breed, Nationwide dropped me like a hot potato.

So I used the following fun picture of Cyprus along with a note to the Jim Glasgow Agency letting them know I was taking both my homeowners and automobile insurance elsewhere.


It resulted in a long and delightful phone conversation with Jim Glasgow himself. But I'm now a very happy customer of State Farm and the agency located downtown and just down the street from the house.

No comments: