Search RoHo Blog

Friday, May 22, 2015

Meal No. 1286: Sambal Chicken Skewers


Once the showers cleared out yesterday, and I returned from another excursion to Lowe's and Home Depot, I had a couple of late afternoon hours to haul some of my new topsoil. This gave me a chance to fill in more of the big hole in the grove but, more importantly, to plant five azaleas and a rhododendron.


By the time I came in from those yard labors, I didn't want to fret over a complicated meal. And I've been enjoying the grilling of late, so I returned for a third time to sambal chicken skewers. I made it a one-bowl meal, over jasmine rice, along with a new venture: garlicky mayonnaise. Altogether, it made for deliciousness.



"Sambal Chicken Skewers," by Alison Roman, in Bon Appétit, July 2013, p. 69.

"Garlicky Mayonnaise," by Alison Roman, in Bon Appétit, July 2013, p. 69.

No comments: