Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Meal No. 1270: Grilled Tuna Steaks with Coconut Rice


For the first couple of years that I was working regularly again for Virginia Beach City Public Schools, I was housed at the Ramada at the Beach. The hotel restaurant is Mahi Mah's, and it's pretty darned good. One of my favorite dishes there is the sesame-crusted tuna with coconut rice and a soy-ginger cream sauce. I decided to try a version of it here at home tonight.

It's hard for me to say how close to the mark I got, but make no mistake: this was a fantastic Sunday night meal. I grilled the tuna instead of pan-searing it, and I left off the sesame seeds. The interesting spicing recommended by the Jamie Oliver recipe I looked at included green tea, and this made for a pretty cool flavoring. The rice did not match Mahi Mah's but the sauce dressed it up fine.



Tonight's dinner was based on ideas from the following:

No comments: