Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Meal No. 1266: Sleep-Over Brunch


It was a late night last night, and a most excellent one. I do believe that the thirteen overnight guests enjoyed themselves, and I sure enjoyed them. We started this Saturday morning with an early breakfast of caramelized party ham biscuits, Bundt coffee cake, creamy stone-ground cheese grits, and coffee.






"Party Ham Biscuits," a recipe shared with our family by Susan Brown, who was my sister Allison's college chum at the University of North Carolina. I recorded Susan's in my recipe collection in 1988. There are various versions of this recipe, of course. Pretty popular is the "caramelized" version, such as this one: "Caramelized Ham & Swiss Buns," by Iris Weihemuller of Baxter, MN, in Taste of Home, December 2013, p. 59.

Cheese Grits made using recipe for Creamy Grits, from Luquire Family Stone Ground Grits, milled in Greenwood, SC.

No comments: