Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Meal No. 1264: Pan-Seared Pork Chops with Sage & Garlic


Update from May 02, 2015: I was wrangling one of the pork chops that night and it suddenly turned unwieldy on me when I was cooking this meal, and I ended up getting a huge plop of hot grease to land on the knuckle of my thumb, which hurt but didn't slow me down on continuing to work on the meal. But it has taken quite a while to heal:


That third shot, of the darned wound bleeding, happened right in the middle of my teaching a workshop in Virginia Beach: I looked down at my hand and it appeared to have blood all over it. I'm going to continue counting myself pretty fortunate in the kitchen, though, with a pretty tiny number of cooking mishaps. The only other good grease burn I remember was from frying up some hushpuppies back in 2012.



"Your New Favorite Pork Chops," by Alison Roman, in Bon Appétit, March 2015, p. 35.

No comments: