Search RoHo Blog

Friday, April 17, 2015

Meal No. 1258: New Year's Day Meatballs


Tonight was just one of those great gatherings with good friends. With six folks around the table, I whipped up a batch of what we in the Jones family call "New Year's Day Meatballs" (a moniker assigned because of the holiday when we first had them). Other Jones family favorites filled out the plate: layered green bean casserole and company mashed potatoes. The menu choices were driven by a desire to have dishes that could cook while I enjoyed being upstairs joining in on the pool playing. I've found myself doing that sort of culinary decision-making quite a bit these last couple of months. Addendum: When it was announced that it was nearly 2 am, catching me completely off-guard, we finally retired the cue sticks for the night.



"New Year's Day Meatballs," from Carol Fultz and shared with me by my sister Allison Jones Holden of Rossville, IN (2001).

"Company Mashed Potatoes," a Jones family favorite.

"Layered Green Bean Casserole," shared with me by my sister Allison Jones Holden of Rossville, IN (December 2001).

No comments: